Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Pleasantries

Welcome readers to the very first post of my very first blog. My name is Blake Grimes; I was born in Providence, Rhode Island, raised all across the nation, and now reside in Yuma, Arizona. To some this city is a winter haven but as someone who remains here in the summers I recognize it as a part of the nation where the sun scorches the earth and snow is a forgotten concept.  Despite this I’m making the best of it as a student studying psychology at AWC and I avoid the heat by indulging in my favorite hobby gaming. No matter if it’s a computer, gaming console, or a bunch of books and a bag of dice I’ll game anywhere with anyone. This lifestyle has helped me make many friends both locally and even internationally via the many resources technology has provided.

On this subject I have to say I am someone who is always plugged in and always willing to use that to my advantage. Getting instant updates about the games I love via the internet or planning out my school schedule after delving into what homework has been assigned the technology I keep with me and around me has made me into who I am today. Obviously I wouldn’t be interested in video games if I didn’t have a computer to play them on. Similarly I would have never found my love of psychology if it wasn’t for research done on the very same computer. To put it simply I’ve become so connected, so integrated with technology that I couldn’t imagine living without it and honestly wouldn’t want to!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Blake. I once thought of studying psychology but for some reason or another I ended up studying Criminal Justice and I don't regret it. And I am also really attached to technology even though I say I am not but in reality I am. I use my computer most of the time to do homework and quizzes but not only do I use it for my education but I also use it for my personal likes.I hope you can check out my blog well if you have time =) at
    http://ar323.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Blake, I think that psychology is a very interesting topic to study. I also play video games just like you. And like you I am much attached to technology too. Mostly I use my computer for educational purposes. For the most part for engineering programming; with the help of programming codes i found my love for math and art that is how I decided to become an Architect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really interesting that you are able to game alongside people on the other side of the world. Often times, it is psychologists who need the most help. I joke ,of course, but it is an interesting choice for a field to study for a gamer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Videogames are for the devil! Your world will be filled with darkness and loneliness until you escape the grasps of the gamer world! Just kidding I'm somewhat addicted aswell and I have no regrets. Good luck with psychology it is an interesting subject!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! What a great blog, Blake! I really enjoyed reading it. I hope you'll keep blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete